From Daniel Gagne <da...@dannygagne.com>
Subject Map/Reduce/Merge on the roadmap?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 03:29:17 GMT
I was wondering if Merge of the map/reduce/merge paradigm (
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1247480.1247602).

I looked on the wiki but was unable to find any reference to merge, I assume
it would appear here if anywhere: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Proposals

I know that similar functonality can be achieved through reduce using an
internal hash table, I believe this is how the tags sample code on the wiki
behaves.  Unfortunately, if the size of that hash table becomes too large
performance begins to crawl as the rereduce step begins to spend a large
amount of time merging hashtables.

I'll be more than happy to update the wiki with whatever I hear the proposed
future plan is.

Thanks in advance,

Danny