From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache in front of CouchDB: failing tests
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:44:42 GMT
On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:

> Robert Dionne wrote:
>
>> On Jul 7, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:
> >
>>> stats: # Assertion 'open_databases > 0 && max >= open_databases,

>>> name'
>>>        failed: should keep the same number of open databases when
>>>        reaching the max_dbs_open limit
>> This was a long standing bug with initializing the stats collector
>> and  is now fixed in trunk
>
> So it's only the stats collector that is not functioning properly?
> Can we just use CouchDB 0.9.0 if we do not really care about the
> stats collector?
>
> This test is not failing on our testing CouchDB (also 0.9.0) by the
> way. What is the explanation for that?
>
> Nils.

Hi Nils, the bug is also fixed in the 0.9.1 release candidate being
voted on now.  It's a bug in the stats collector and the test suite.
The stats collector was not being reset properly on a call to
_restart, and the test suite was measuring the wrong field.  The
latter bug is probably why you only saw intermittent failures or none
at all in 0.9.0.

In short, the suite was measuring the maximum rate of DBs being
opened, when it should have measured the number that were open.  So
the results of the test really depended on the environment and the
hardware.  Hope it helps,

Adam