From Dmitry Unkovsky <oil.cray...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Defining my document model when the source is entity-relationship
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:25:24 GMT
You bring a very interesting case to couchdb.
Some thoughts are that proper blance of "schemaless" scheme is between
embedded documents (fields) and document-to-document relations, that
can be expressed as graph with documents as nodes and relations as
edges.
The difference between this relations and sql-relations could be their
lazy evolvement and co-existance with more old-schemed documents.

I'm really starting to become convinced that we need some graph
indexer to traverse relations in couchdb for such applications.

Then, probably, nice way to implement the case is to start with some
small entities, add fields to them, and then, based on usage
statistics separate embedded fields from containing nodes replacing
with references.
May be, it's not quite possible with current state of things with
couch, but it's a way for thought I'll have on mind all further time.

Thank you for very interesting case!

I'll give it another think, maybe such approach is implementable in
some way just now.