From Nils Breunese <n.breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Apache in front of CouchDB: failing tests
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:54:05 GMT
Hello all,

We want to use Apache httpd in front of CouchDB, so we can do pretty
URL's using mod_rewrite, limit what types of requests are allowed,
handle authentication, etc.

At first a lot of tests in the CouchDB test suite were failing. The
system administrator setting this for production up found that Apache
needed AllowEncodedSlashes and nocanon to make sure the %2f sequence in
URL's is preserved. There were some other problems, but they have been
solved.

Right now two tests are still failing:

config: # Assertion failed: config.httpd.port == port

This makes sense: we're sending requests to Apache on port 80, but
CouchDB is running on port 5984. Is this something we should fix or is
this harmless?

stats: # Assertion 'open_databases > 0 && max >= open_databases, name'
          failed: should keep the same number of open databases when
          reaching the max_dbs_open limit

This doesn't make sense to us right now. Could this have anything to do
with running Apache httpd in front of CouchDB?

Nils Breunese.