From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: couchdb server connection refused error
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:32:17 GMT
On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:07:02PM -0700, Tommy Chheng wrote:
> Any other thoughts why CouchDB would give a connection refused error?
> I'm doing an ajax call so it's sending 10 requests at a time.

10 requests concurrently?

I'd have thought that Erlang could pick these up quickly, but there *is* a
TCP listen queue, which on many systems defaults to 5.

That is, if Erlang were sequentially doing accept - process - accept -
process ..., you might get this error if there were more than 5 outstanding
requests. It should be easy to test if you write a little _external handler
which just does a sleep.

The TCP listen queue is tunable at the C level - I don't know if Erlang
provides a way to set it though.

Regards,

Brian.