From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: FW: CouchDB shared hosting
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:07:10 GMT
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 01:57:53PM +0200, Stream Service || Mark Scholten wrote:
> Please note:
> Using multiple IP addresses just because it is easy for users isn't a real option. If
they need to be able to connect to it from another location it would give a problem (only
1 "public" IP/server, unless we work with SSL certificates) is allowed by RIPE for as far
as I know. With IPv6 this is of course not a problem.

And of course, since it's HTTP, you can give each user a virtual *domain*
instead - and either proxy to the same CouchDB instance or different ones on
different ports, it's up to you.

HTTPS is a bit different, although I don't think CouchDB supports HTTPS
natively yet anyway. For progammatic clients rather than web browsers, it
might be reasonable to insist on RFC 2817 for users who want TLS.

B.