From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Up-to-date ruby view server?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:03:40 GMT
Can somebody point me at the most up-to-date Ruby view server code?

The wiki points to
  http://theexciter.com/articles/couchdb-views-in-ruby-instead-of-javascript.html
which in turn leads me to clone
  git://gitorious.org/couchobject/mainline.git
However, bin/couch_ruby_view_requestor is not in the current branch.

$ git log -- bin
commit c343adcdd8f6dad6aca0f0b8419c023e2ff6da9e
Author: Johan Sørensen <johan@johansorensen.com>
Date:   Mon May 12 23:41:44 2008 +0200

    Removed the Ruby view server and #filter method

    It is to be distributed as a seperate library.

Obviously I can get the code as it was from the repo, but I was hoping there
would be a 'current' version somewhere. Googling for
couch_ruby_view_requestor doesn't turn up much, apart from older clones of
this repo.

The reason for this is that I've discovered I need to do some arithmetic on
large (128-bit) integers in my views. Javascript won't work without serious
messing around. Ruby would handle that quite nicely as Bignums, and in any
case the rest of my app is in Ruby too, so migrating to a Ruby view server
seems like the obvious thing to do.

Thanks,

Brian.

P.S. I'd be happy to give erlview a stab too, but at the moment it appears
to involve patching the core couchdb.