From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: FW: CouchDB shared hosting
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:16:41 GMT
On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 01:06:20PM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Stream Service || Mark Scholten<>
> > You say that many things aren't for a database to check, but that is the
> > most logical location to do it if you ask me.
> Because CouchDB speaks HTTP a lot of people are already using these
> techniques. Eventually CouchDB should support some of those features
> internally. The point is you don't have to wait if you want to start
> building a system.

I am disappointed with the responses so far.

I had asked Mark to bring this up on the mailing lists because I know that
Canonical are currently working on a set of similar features that will probably
be useful in this scenario, not least of which is OAuth.

Can someone who's involved in the Canonical/OAuth effort comment on this thread
to help Mark, and myself, understand how or when he might be able to use those
features in his hosting provider setup?

Noah Slater,

View raw message