From Adam Wolff <awo...@gmail.com>
Subject document revisions
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:33:54 GMT
Hi everyone,Our app needs to preserve document revisions. I know that the
revision feature of couchdb is not intended for application-level document
revisions, but the semantics of couch's revisions are perfect for our app,
and I don't want to have to rebuild that feature. What's the best way to
take advantage of couch's built-in revisions? I know we can't rely on the
revisions being there, but they *are* there right after you write a new
version. After a successful write, the caller could be responsible for
putting a separate document for the old revision, right?

Alternatively, is this a mod to couchdb that we should explore? A feature so
that you can say: for the documents in this database, preserve the revisions
even upon compaction.

Thoughts? Thanks,