From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 06:17:55 GMT
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Nitin Borwankar<nitin@borwankar.com> wrote:
> Futon complains when I try to create a doc with id "_abc" but via curl no
> problem.
>
> NitinBorwankarsComputer:~ nitin$ curl -X PUT
> http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/_abc-H "Content-Type: application/json" -d
> {}
> {"ok":true,"id":"_abc","rev":"1-3856470053"}
>
> NitinBorwankarsComputer:~ nitin$ curl -X GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/_abc
>
> {"_id":"_abc","_rev":"1-3856470053"}

Hmm. I'm not sure. You should never be able to create _prefixed doc
ids unless they are _design or _local.

On trunk I get:

$ curl -X PUT http://jchris:animal@127.0.0.1:5984/test/_foo -d {}
{"error":"bad_request","reason":"Only reserved document ids may start
with underscore."}

Which is what you ought to get. I guess this must have been fixed
since the version you are using.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net