From Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup error
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:52:22 GMT
Noah,

> Over the last few years I have found that 90% of all problems reported can be
> fixed by advising people to build a new version of CouchDB from SVN, and maybe
> compiling the most recent version of Erlang in 32 bit.

This may not be the best forum for this, but how can you force erlang
to compile in 32bit? The configuration line:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/couchdb/apache-couchdb-0.9.0/erlang-32bit/
--enable-64bit-libs=no --disable-64bit --disable-m64-build

produces this (after make, etc..)

bash-3.00$ ./erl
Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [rq:8]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

thanks,
Andrew