From Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup error
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:18:06 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Noah Slater<nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> The following might be helpful:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting
>
> Sometimes the first couple of steps eliminate the problem entirely.

I'll give that a look. I installed from the tarballs and not the SVN,
so the boostrap script isn't there. I'm already installing couchdb +
spidermonkey to a local directory (I don't have root on this machine).
Should I rebuild from the SVN?

>> I've looked up __clzdi2 and it seems like there is some sort of
>> incompatibility with x86_64
>
> There might be some useful stuff here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Error_messages
>
> Particularly the bit about not building Erlang as 64 bit.

We just used the erlang RPM that installed via yum. The 64 bit issue
seems to be for OSX instances that crash at startup, which I do
neither. I could build erlang from scratch, but I'd rather not to
since we have other services that are using it which are working fine.

I went through the ./configure && make clean && make && make install
treadmill on both libjs and couchdb, but to no avail.

thanks for your help,
Anderw