From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating views in a production system
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:58:50 GMT
Hi Nadav,

On 9 Jun 2009, at 08:13, Nadav Samet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I modify a design document of a view or add a new one, I am
> query
> any of the other views. Is it the expected behavior (on 0.10.0a) ?

Yes.

> If so, is it possible to avoid downtime when adding/editing a view
> on a
> single replica setup?

Not yet, there's a ticket in JIRA that will remind us to allow for the
following
pattern:

Create a new _design/foo2 instead of editing _design/foo. Query
_design/foo2
so a new view index is built and then HTTP COPY _design/foo2 to
_design/foo
and have CouchDB keep using the pre-created index.

Cheers
Jan