From Jim Kass <...@nhrevolution.com>
Subject Re: reduce limit
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:55:42 GMT
Benoit,

I don't know if this will  solve your issue, but you appear from your
earlier code to be using JSON without quoting the keys.  This is
explained:

http://simonwillison.net/2006/Oct/11/json/

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=621921

Assuming CouchDB is strict about JSON, what's being interpreted is not
a JSON object, but actually a labeled code block and prob. not the
data you expect.

-
Jim Kass

On Jun 10, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> I'm trying to figure how reduce limit is calculated . When I see the
> code of main.js/view.js I have :
>
> ------------snippet
> if (query_config && query_config.reduce_limit &&
>         reduce_length > 200 && ((reduce_length * 2) > line.length)) {
>
>     throw {
>       error:"reduce_overflow_error",
>       reason: "Reduce output must shrink more rapidly. Current
> output: '"+ reduce_line +"'"
>
>     };
>   } else {
>
>     print("[true," + reduce_line + "]");
>   }
> ------------ / snippet
>
> but while logging value, line.length is always 2 so if I send a value
> length > 200 reduction always failed until I set reduce_limit to
> false.
>
> Why limiting values returned by reduce to 200 ? Is it fair to return
> when not grouping by key a single hash or anything else of values >
> 200 (see my previous mail) ?
>
> - benoƮt

-
Jim Kass