From Fred Bowen <frederick.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb and linked data
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:57:24 GMT

> I am actively exploring the use of couchdb for our group.  However, I have
> a few questions related to couchdb and linked data approaches (Ref:
> http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html) and "cool uri's" (Ref:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/).

Welcome!  You might have missed
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List#head-4c443ad0962e2de622c9540fb5d4d945cbe0667d>

Redirection:

Yes, you may send a redirect:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List#head-4c443ad0962e2de622c9540fb5d4d945cbe0667d

Question:  Is it possible for couchdb to take a method GET request for a URI
> like: http://my.domain.org/source/[some_doc_id]<http://my.domain.org/source/%5Bsome_doc_id%5D>and
render different views of the stored JSON (say as XHTML or RDF) based on
> the ACCEPT header.  Note, converting from JSON to some other format is "just
> programming".  I am curious about if there is a mechanism within couchdb
> that would expose the ACCEPT header to code.

Response format can change based on content type request headers:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List#head-b386a593ce8f658051547d01bd64d923f5af2d18

Can a view see/get HTTP header information?

Show/list functions receive a request object, which has access to header
information such as:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ExternalProcesses

-FB