From Avi Flax <a...@arc90.com>
Subject ETA on Read Access Restriction
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:39:44 GMT
Hi All,
I'm thinking of building an app using CouchDB, but I need to be able to
restrict certain users from retrieving certain docs and views. As far as I
can tell from searching the web, the mailing list, and the wiki, that
feature's not yet built.

I know I could achieve the desired features by building a server-side
"proxy" app which would validate requests before passing them to Couch,
but one of the things that attracts me to CouchDB is the possibility of
building 2-tier apps instead of 3 tiers; i.e. just DOM/Javascript and Couch.

So I'm just wondering: does anyone have a sense of when this functionality
might be landing in trunk?

Thanks!
Avi