From Pérès Vincent <vincent.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject How to change/extend the show page of a document?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:14:27 GMT
Hello,

I'm a big fan of JS app and think CouchDB could be really helpful and save
me lot of time !
I'm doing some test using CouchDB backend : building documents, creating
views, displaying them by HTTP request etc. but I have some problem to
imagin how to build the following document (maybe you can help me finding
the best solution / feel free to redirect me to documentation !) :
I have different types of documents : page, location, user, news. I
would like to create two views :
- one 'preview' which is going to be a 'light' page with location
- one 'full' with all locations, users, news related to my page
I built some views to fetch group of pages, users, tags with count etc. but
it return a hash of my documents and I only need on : with a given id. Is it
possible to create a view and giving some parameters (id=xxx) or can I
change the 'show' pages (REST Get)? Maybe I'm wrong and I should build my
doc in an other way?

Not so easy to think 'document', I need some help :)

Thanks a lot !
Vincent