From Thomas Harding <...@thomas-harding.name>
Subject Things I can't figure out (load documents from dicts, ...)
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:42:05 GMT
Hello,
I'm a beginner in couchdb and couchdb-python.

And I'm not so experienced in Python...
nor in English.

I've played with couchdb for two week-ends,  and I'm able now to
do few things, starting from a script  I found on the ternet (see
attachment).

I've also added a "login" function to couchdb-python V.05
"Server" class -- I can post a patch if s.o. is interrested
(about 10 lines...) --  to be able to connect ([admins] is set
on my couchdb server).

Howether, I was not able to find a FAQ or an extensive code snippet.

So, I can't figure out some things:
  * how to set arbitrary properties on whatever(Document) from
    a  dict (properly Json encoded, obviously: set up
    self.__dict__['_data'][key] = val is not the good way)
  * how to retrieve arbitrary key/values _to_python encoded
     while  the step above will be done

Thanks anyway for your replies,
T. Harding