From Enda Farrell <enda.farr...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:22:35 GMT
We found, can't remember if it was an 0.8 or a 0.9 that - while you
can/could create keys starting with an _underscore, the replication
module wouldn't replicate databases with such keys. Even after you
deleted them.

Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 9 Jun 2009, at 07:41, Nitin Borwankar wrote:
>
> > I am using CouchDBx 0.9 on my Mac -
>
> I believe the _-enforcement is a trunk-only feature at this point.
> CouchDBX will catch up once 0.10 is released (or if you compile
> the core* yourself).
>
> * http://github.com/janl/couchdbx-core/tree/master
>
> Cheers
> Jan
>

> > strangely enough Futon blocks it but the
> > HTTP API lets it in - does Futon separately vaidate for the '_' ?
> >
> > Nitin
> >
> > 37% of all statistics are made up on the spot

> > Nitin Borwankar
> > nborwankar@gmail.com
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> >> http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/_abc

> >> Hmm. I'm not sure. You should never be able to create _prefixed doc
> >> ids unless they are _design or _local.
> >>
> >> On trunk I get:
> >>
> >> $ curl -X PUT http://jchris:animal@127.0.0.1:5984/test/_foo -d {}
> >> {"error":"bad_request","reason":"Only reserved document ids may start
> >> with underscore."}
> >>
> >> Which is what you ought to get. I guess this must have been fixed
> >> since the version you are using.

> >> API

> >> --
> >> Chris Anderson
> >> http://jchrisa.net
> >> http://couch.io

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.