From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent HTTP 500's
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:11:17 GMT
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:23:35PM -0500, Curt Arnold wrote:
> The problem only appears to occur in POST requests with multiple keys.
> I've added fallback behavior to my app to request the same data key by
> key which will work around the 500 error that occurs on the POST request.

Does the 500 error return any message in the body? You may be able to
capture this using tcpdump. It may give a clue as to what's going on.

If you are using CouchRest, the RestClient exception raised hides this body
by default, but it is possible to capture it. Try something like this:

      begin
      rescue RestClient::ExceptionWithResponse => e
        resp = e.response
        STDERR.puts "#{resp.code} #{resp.message} #{resp.body}"
      end

Also look in the couchdb log, usually under /usr/local/var/log/couchdb/, to
see if there's any detail in there.

HTH,

Brian.