From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dump and load a db containing the lucene design doc
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 02:58:08 GMT
On Jun 3, 2009, at 10:42 PM, Nitin Borwankar wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a database that has a design document that triggers couchdb-
> lucene
> indexing  ( the exact name slips my mind ).
> If I dump the db and load it into a different db on same couch
> installation
> - the new db now has the doc that triggers lucene indexing - but
> when does t
> the lucene indexing actually happen - on load?  On first lucene
> query ?
>
> Note I am asking about lucene's indexing not couchdb's
>
> Nitin

Hi Nitin, I believe it will start indexing as soon as the _design/
lucene document shows up in the new DB, but there's a sorting phase
that imposes a first query hit.

As an aside, why not just do a local->local replication here?  It'll
be substantially faster than dumping and loading since there's no JSON
overhead.  Best,

Adam