From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The need for a key prefix view parameter
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 21:10:22 GMT
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 06:02:38PM -0700, kowsik wrote:
>> > Maybe just a new URL parameter for all views to query by prefix?
>> >
>> > _all_docs?prefix="_design/"
>>
>> That's basically what I was thinking of. Would also be nice to be able to
>> POST {"prefixes":[...]}
>>

> Why not GET or POST for ?prefix=foo&prefix=bar

Same old saw we've talked about a million times. We should add the
option to do it via GET as well as POST. Multi-key is only done by
POST for now because 90% of the usage would not fit in the limits of a
URL length and GET doesn't tend to support request bodies.

Multi prefix is the same story, and actually should be wrapped up in a
generic multi-query api so we can do multiple discontinuous prefix key
startkey limit endkey etc in one request. For this GET would be nice
to support as well but practically useful only for the smallest cases.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net