From Parnell Springmeyer <ixma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB x RDF databases comparison
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 19:40:50 GMT
You can store RDF documents or, even simpler, triples in CouchDB documents.
Query for the data and perform your RDF parsing/manipulation in-application.

Sure, it isn't as sweet as a triple store with a SPARQL endpoint - but, it's
hella better than using Sesame or any of those other Java implementations.
They can't scale - whereas CouchDB can; you can also scale your application
to handle the RDF processing it does in the application logic; as you have
more control over that.

I am also in the process (have been for a while) of building an Erlang
backed triplestore. Not a light undertaking by anymeans and I may be using
CouchDB to build that ontop of it (license permitting).

CouchDB + RDF = FTW