From Tom Nichols <tmnich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert performance
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 13:39:11 GMT
Hi Chris, here are my results:
m1.small running Ubuntu Intrepid:
real    1m3.049s
user    0m25.040s
sys     0m2.240s

c1.medium instance:
real    0m14.752s
user    0m23.990s
sys     0m2.220s

In practice, the c1.medium seemed to run my ruby scripts a bit faster,
giving a thoughput of about 0.98 MB/s, or 730 docs/s.  I thought the
m1.small instance was still dual-core; if it's a single-core machine
then that at least partly explains why running a bunch of load scripts
on the same box as CouchDB would be so slow.

Thoughts?  Is this the performance I should expect?

Thanks.
-Tom