From Tom Nichols <tmnich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert performance
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 17:43:48 GMT
So I did a rough calculation and it looks like I'm getting less than
1MB/s throughput in CouchDB --

3072 MB total / 6900 sec = 0.445 MB/s

So if the disk throughput is ~20 to 30 MB/s then the bottleneck is
somewhere in the database.  It's obviously not going to be anywhere
close to raw disk I/O speeds but this still seems incredibly slow.
Granted, I'm using a small instance...  I'll try a c1.medium and see
if the results are drastically different.