From Ben Browning <ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'd like a dish of JavaScript Awesome, please!
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 17:32:34 GMT
I'm not working on this to be a futon replacement or any other grand
goal - it just looked like a fun thing to do. There are lots of
unsolved problems and I'd love some discussion around potential
solutions:

Authentication - right now I punt and just log you in as a fake user.
I saw some discussion on getting cookie-based auth in CouchApp and
we'd probably need something similar to have a usable auth system.

Filesystem implementations - I really have two ideas here. The first
is to make every CouchApp on a given database(can I do cross-database?
probably...) a Project in the Bespin world. Then, all the app's
attachments would appear as editable files in the dashboard. The
second part is to have regular CouchDB docs appear as files enabling
you to edit docs, views, etc with nice javascript syntax highlighting.
My next main focus is getting at least one of these two options fully
functional for CRUD stuff.

Dojo vs jQuery - Bespin uses Dojo for all its javascript. There are a
few nice CouchDB helper functions written in jQuery. Should I just
include both or make a special port of those helpers to Dojo?

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I've got a Slicehost box sitting
idle so I'll try to carve out some time to install trunk CouchDB and
push my Bespin stuff there for people to play with. Then, as I make
code updates, you can just couchapp clone or use couchdb replication
to keep your local copy updated.

Ben