From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'd like a dish of JavaScript Awesome, please!
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 16:27:35 GMT
2009/5/22 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
> Benoit,
>
> Once its a couchapp we can look at integrating it into the
> distribution and what not. It would be awesome to have something as a
> default install, but there are all those questions about licensing and
> what not. As always, these questions are always easier once we have
> code to look at.

mmm I didn't think about integrating in official couchdb which would
be dificult indeed considering the license. And the fact that it works
only with mozilla. I thought more about a line we add to local.ini
like

_couchapps = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_utils_dir_req,
"/somewhere/couchapps"}

Wich isn't really difficult and would allow to distribute it as a
plugin. Just a talk. That's just for me this is more like futon rather
than a couchapp.

> And depending on what the lawyer type people say, this could be the
> motivation to get that fancy dancy public app hosting node so people
> can see what its like to install an app via replication.

agree.

- benoit