From Joran Greef <jo...@sexbyfood.com>
Subject _id & _revision
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 13:43:50 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have been using CouchDB as the backend for a new API-only server and
Couch is fun!

In keeping with my old API's interface, I would like object
representations to use "id" as their id property rather than Couch's
_id. And the same for revision. I've added a wrapper around Couch to
translate _id and _revision to id and revision and vice versa but it
would be like paradise if this was available as an option.

I understand that older versions of Couch used to use "id" instead of
"_id" and that the "_" was introduced to imply a private namespace
specific to Couch, but in the case of id and revision, I would suggest
that they are also elements of the public namespace and that "id" and
"revision" would do just fine!

Thanks,

Joran Greef