From Peter Maas <pfmm...@gmail.com>
Subject handling keys in the REST view API
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 09:47:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to write a very basic fulltext search facility and managed
to get something working:

http://log4p.com/2009/05/28/simple-fulltext-analysis-in-couchdb/

Currently I sanitize the source text, remove stopwords (English that
is) and emit a each term (with the number of occurences). Quite useful
(for me) already.

The next step would be to add stemming, not to hard either (have a
working prototype already). This does however present me with a new
problem. I'd like to stem the provided keys in the REST parameters
using the same stemmer used by the mapping code. Is there a way to
process the parameters passed to a REST view within CouchDB? Or would
I need to duplicate (port) the stemmer in the clients (which are
various in various languages)?

kind regards,

Peter