From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject migrating data from a previous couch version
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 09:13:48 GMT
Hi guys,

This a rather strange situation but I need to get out of it :-)

I had a few Gig of data in a 0.9axxxxxx version.
I wanted to upgrade couch to 0.9 tarball when it was released.
I wasn't sure how it would go so I made a filesystem level backup of the
data directories.

Then when 0.9 installed and was running fine I copied one of the databases
from the old backed up dir to the new 0.9 couch's data dir.
I got a "bad version" error from which I gather that the older version data
is somehow not binary compatible with the newer one.
I don't have a running older version couch - and it was installed from src
anyway and I have no idea what minor rev of 0.9a it was.

So how do I recover the old data from my files and upload it to the new
version.
Any ideas ?

There's a lot of data in there and I absolutely need to get it out - help!

Nitin

37% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Nitin Borwankar
nborwankar@gmail.com