From Debasish Ghosh <ghosh.debas...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 12:33:50 GMT
Hi -

I was trying to play around with query servers using Scala as the language.
I have registered Scala as the language in local.ini .. it shows up in Futon
as well. I have a Scala script registered that reads from the standard input
and writes into the standard output. Here is a snippet from the script ..

 scala.io.Source.fromInputStream(System.in).getLines.foreach {l =>
     //.. expecting to get stuff like "add_fun", "map_doc", "reset" etc.
here ..

But I am not getting anything within this loop, though the process gets
kicked off when the view server launches. After some time it comes out with
the exception ..

 {"error":"case_clause","reason":"{{nocatch,{os_process_error,\"OS process
timed out.\"}},\n [{couch_os_process,prompt,2},\n
{couch_query_servers,'-start_doc_map/2-fun-0-',2},\n  {lists,foreach,2},\n
{couch_query_servers,start_doc_map,2},\n
{couch_view_updater,view_compute,2},\n  {couch_view_updater,update,1}]}"}

Am I assuming anything which is not correct ? Please help.

Thanks.
- Debasish