From "Darrell Huang" <jinhu...@memego.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone tell me how to use the CouchDB C API?
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 01:37:34 GMT
Do I have to use some libraries like curl to access CouchDB? Can I directly
use socket to send the HTTP commands in the form of C strings? Thanks!

Yours,
Darrell.

CouchDB ships only with JavaScript access libraries. There are
libraries in many languages, all of them are available through
independent distribution channels.

I'm not sure if there's a C library, but all access to CouchDB is via
HTTP, so however you like to access HTTP from C will work. (The
suggestion to use Curl is a good one). The only other part of the
story is JSON parsing. In my limited research, yajl looked like a good
library for that.

I do think you'll end up needing to write most of the library
yourself. Luckily, once you have the HTTP and JSON libraries linked
in, the rest is just a matter of giving names to the various URL
endpoints of the CouchDB API.

Good luck and keep us posted!

--
Chris Anderson