From Demetrius Nunes <demetriusnu...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB x RDF databases comparison
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 19:15:04 GMT
Hi there,

We are evaluating new technologies for managing semi-structured data and
documents in one of our applications. We've got tired of wrestling
relational databases for this.

I would like to know why would I prefer to use CouchDB instead of a RDF
database, such as Sesame ou Mulgara.

I know some of the RDF advantages, such as open standards, interoperability,
rules engines, semantic queries, community and tool support, maturity, etc.

But I really like the simplicity of the CouchDB model.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks a lot,
Demetrius

--