From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject Re: migrating data from a previous couch version
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 17:02:52 GMT
Paul Davis wrote:
> Nitin,
>
> There's some info on how to upgrade on the wiki at [1] and [2]. If
> your 0.9aXXXXXX version has XXXXXX < 753448 you'll need to use the
> Ruby script at [2]. Otherwise you should be able to use couchdb-dump
> and couchdb-load from couchdb-python or run two couchdb nodes and
> replicate from the old version to the new version. If you're two
> versions span that commit then you must use the Ruby script because
> replication changes as well.
>
> Paul Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks much for those links and I hope to get to the point where I can
use them.  Currenty I only have my data in files with
a) no older couch instance running and what's worse,
b) no idea what version I was running in my old couch, although I know
it was a 0.9a<something> from trunk.

so I guess my question becomes

a) how do I know just from the database binary files what exact couch
version created them   - is there some util or a specific set of bytes
in the header or
some voodoo that I can use and then I can go install that specific couch
version from src.  Then use the database dump/load scripts.

Nitin