From Jeff Macdonald <macfisher...@gmail.com>
Subject specifying an _id results in a much smaller DB?
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 21:31:17 GMT
Hi all,
I've been experimenting with CouchDB. I'm use Net::CouchDB to batch insert
20 docs at a time and I'm simply setting _id to a sequence that is
incremented for each doc. For just over 9 million rows where each row is
just 6 small fields the resulting DB is 3.4G. When I was letting CouchDB set
the _id, the resulting database was over 20G. The input source as a tab
delimited file is just over 500MB.

So is it normal for CouchDB to create such a large database file when it
assigns document ids?

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA