From Wojciech Kaczmarek <kaczmare...@gmail.com>
Subject replication & auth
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 16:06:11 GMT
Hi!

I just observed that authentication for replication is only needed for
design documents, anyone can replicate normal documents into a remote
database. Is this a bug? This behaviour occurs for push replication,
0.9.0 code.

Unfortunately I'm going to have a lots of push replication as the main
source of data are offline machines which occasionally get connected
to online nodes. I'm considering using some reverse tunnels but for
now it'd be a PITA; so what are the exact deficiencies of push vs
pull?

cheers,
Wojtek