From Scott Shumaker <sshuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to do http request within server-side _show or _view functions?
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 00:06:09 GMT
I'm sure it will be a while before we move that direction.  One
alternative is to think about making CouchDB's storage engine
pluggable.  For example, with a moderate amount of work, you could use
an existing distributed, fast key-value store like Project Voldemort
or Scalaris to store the actual objects.  The authentication,
versioning, and view architecture could sit on top of that.  Project
Voldemort supports custom serialization types, so you could even store
binary-rep erlang terms in it.

Scott