From "Nitin Borwankar" <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject Re: migrating data from a previous couch version
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 18:52:26 GMT
Both intel. So Ill try it. Thanks again. Nitin
Sent from my mobile internet device

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>

Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:48:00
To: <user@couchdb.apache.org>; <nborwankar@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: migrating data from a previous couch version

I'm not at all certain and I could see it going either way. But
assuming both architectures are Intel I would hazard a guess to say
that it'd be fine. If you Mac is PPC then I'd lean towards it not
working. But my endian-fu is not what it used to be. Also, this is
assuming that the Erlang binary format doesn't take care of endianess
and I haven't looked. It could be that everything is already stored in
network byte order and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Bottom line, I'd give it a shot.

Paul