From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Too many processes
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 22:52:55 GMT

On 26 May 2009, at 18:10, David Van Couvering wrote:

> Yes, it does happen after resume, this seems to be the culprit based
> on all
> the responses.  Good as new after the processes terminate, you say?
> OK,
> I'll give that a shot.
>
> Might be worth adding to the FAQ?

Nah, it should be fixed. -- I think it is the timers we use for the
stats API
get fired (which causes a process spawn) after wakeup. So for each
second while sleeping you get a process. When you hit 32k processes
(the Erlang VM default setting), you get the error message.

A custom timer module that skips expired timers will help here. Any
takers? :)

Cheers
Jan