From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The sum function (used in reduce)
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:25:05 GMT
I've also expressed interest in both:

 1) Adding/devising more helper functions

 2) Upgrading SpiderMonkey to JavaScript version 1.8

This would add a LOT features useful for succinct JavaScript Map/reduce code:
  * More functional methods on Array objects, such as reduce()
  * Destructuring assignments
  * Short-cut Lambda notation (ooh la la!)

Of course, SpiderMonkey 1.8 is still in RC1, however anyone who's been
using Firefox 3 has been exposed to it!