From Adam Wolff <awo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication and Authorisation for webmail project
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:27:50 GMT
Hi Saul,
The FM is pretty much the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/

1000 databases for a single couchdb instance should be no problem.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200904.mbox/%3ce2111bbb0904040820l360b28afv151403fe5ceb80c6@mail.gmail.com%3e

I may be mistaken, but I think there's currently no support for users
in couchdb. Here's the feature that's planned:
http://www.automatthew.com/2008/01/planned-security-model-for-couchdb.html

For now, I think you'll want to build an app in middleware and treat
couchdb as a replacement for an rdbms backend. You can use pretty much
any language/toolkit you want for this; Java would work well if you're
comfortable with it.