From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Computer died while trying to load couchDB. Help!
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:14:01 GMT
You shouldn't need to make couchdb a sudoer. If you change the
directory permissions to allow writing by the couchdb user you should
be able to do something like:

  $ sudo "su - couchdb && couchdb"

There's probably a cleaner way to do that. You can also do something like:

  $ sudo $PATH/etc/init.d/couchdb start

HTH,
Paul Davis

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM,  <lloyd@paisite.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I've followed the new install instructions for couchdb. Ended up installing latest Erlang
from source. Not exactly my cup of tea.