From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on View performance optimization/improvement
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:38:01 GMT
Nope, include_docs=true throws an error when hitting a reduce view.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Adam Wolff <awolff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Related question though: can you use include_docs=true with reduce, or
> do you have to make a separate query?

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:16 AM, kowsik <kowsik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would highly recommend that you do emit(doc.field, null) so that the
>> key space doesn't get unwieldy and large. Since the id of the document
>> is part of the map results, you can always fetch it using
>> include_docs=true.
>>
>> K.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Manjunath Somashekhar
>> <manjunath_somashekhar@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi All,
>>>
>>> We have been using couchdb (built out of trunk) for prototyping an idea and would
like to thank and congratulate you folks for a simple and usable schema free db.

>>> We plan to store few million documents in couchdb and we would like to create
couple of views to fetch the data appropriately. We have inserted a million documents (each
containing about 20 fields). We are indexing/creating a view on a particular field of the
document. The map function of the view is simple straight forward emit (emit(doc.field, doc)).
It takes about 90 mins to build the required B-Tree index the first time. All the subsequent
queries are performing extremely well (milli second responses). Can anything be done to reduce
the 90 mins taken to build the required B-Tree index the first time?