From Andrius Juozapaitis <>
Subject Re: Attachments copying
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:29:59 GMT
Entity relationships are a bit of a shaky ground with couchdb, as you
can't do multi-document transactions. This feature was present in
v0.8, but has been removed in 0.9. You can of course still implement
this, but if data consistency is important, you can't ensure neither
consistent document updates/inserts/removals, nor transaction
isolation when using multiple documents.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Brian Candler <> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:33:26PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> If you mean 'copy attachment between documents' there isn't currently. I
>> can't think of any reasons against it, but I'm only on coffee number two.
>> Anyone else have ideas?
> If the attachments were stored in an area indexed by sha1, then copying the
> attachment could just be a question of copying the attachment metadata, and
> many documents could share the same attachment.

View raw message