From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how much stuff can one stuff into a CouchDB?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:22:36 GMT
I think the total size of the data isn't a problem, but each access
will require loading up the whole document into memory and 25 megs of
data to read or update a small bit data, which can be quite
inefficient. Views will be slow to update for each document change
too, as it needs to load the whole thing into memory and serialize to
the view engine, etc.

If the documents can be broken up into smaller updatable units, then
things will work more smoothly generally, but still somewhat slow when
building views. If the data can be stored as binary attachment, with
just some meta data about the files stored in the JSON, views will be
much more efficient.

-Damien