From Thomas Heller <i...@zilence.net>
Subject Documents getting lost through compact
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:28:58 GMT
Hey there,

I have a strange recurring problem with my couchdb. Sometimes when I run
compact on a Database one or more documents get "lost". A View still
includes this document but when I request it by id I only get:

{"error":"not_found","reason":"missing"}

The Document wasnt deleted its just missing. I cannot retrieve it and I also
cannot replace the id with another document since it reports a rev conflict,
I dont know the last rev so theres a permanent broken "record". So far the
only way to reclaim the "broken" id is to replicate the db to a new one.
Nothing helpful in the log (switched to debug log now).

I'm running debian5

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [64-bit] [smp:2]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
couchdb 0.9.0a755270

Will upgrade couch now, just wondering if anybody else encountered this
problem?

Hope the upgrade and/or debug log helps.

Regards,
Thomas