From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject POST equivalents of PUT APIs?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:48:19 GMT
I've been using Google Web Toolkit and it has disabled (or at least
discourages) using PUT in its RequestBuilder object due to a unusual
behavior in Safari's implementation of XMLHttpRequest.  I've been able
to work around since there does appear to be a functional equivalent
to the PUT method end points, however that has meant using things like
POSTing to _all_docs when I'm only committing one document.  Would it
be desirable to allow the end points to accept either PUT or POST?  Or
perhaps they already do that and it is just not documented.

p.s. End of my newbie CouchDB questions for the night.