From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on View performance optimization/improvement
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:16:50 GMT
I would highly recommend that you do emit(doc.field, null) so that the
key space doesn't get unwieldy and large. Since the id of the document
is part of the map results, you can always fetch it using
include_docs=true.

K.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Manjunath Somashekhar
<manjunath_somashekhar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi All,
>
> We have been using couchdb (built out of trunk) for prototyping an idea and would like
to thank and congratulate you folks for a simple and usable schema free db.

> We plan to store few million documents in couchdb and we would like to create couple
of views to fetch the data appropriately. We have inserted a million documents (each containing
about 20 fields). We are indexing/creating a view on a particular field of the document. The
map function of the view is simple straight forward emit (emit(doc.field, doc)). It takes
about 90 mins to build the required B-Tree index the first time. All the subsequent queries
are performing extremely well (milli second responses). Can anything be done to reduce the
90 mins taken to build the required B-Tree index the first time?