From Nicolas Clairon <clai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sorting by reduce value
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:15:09 GMT
To bad :-( This is a really standard feature. I hope it will be
integrate very soon in couchdb...

For now, an easier solution would be to create a "doctype_count" document :

{
  id: "type1",
  rev: "1-638393",
  number: 1,
}

And each time a document is created, we increment the "number" field.
A lot of conflict
will appear but I think it will be easy to deal with conflict than
keeping incremental in a
secondary database. Right ?

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope. There's nothing in CouchDB that allows for this yet. Different
>> methods have been discussed for adding it via things like a value
>> index to allow for users to selectively choose how things are sorted
>> in the output but noone's stepped up with an implementation yet.
>>

> I think the simplest path would be to "print" the results of a
> group=true or group_level query to a secondary database. Keeping it
> incremental is the challenge.
>
>> HTH,
>> Paul Davis
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Nicolas Clairon <clairon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I'm getting through a sorting issue with couchdb.
>>>
>>> Let's say we have a classic map/reduce for counting the number of
>>> documents by type :
>>>
>>> function(doc){
>>>  emit(doc.doc_type, 1);
>>> }