From aju <...@muly.dk>
Subject Re: Interactive CouchDB
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:27:13 GMT
Andreas Wenk wrote:

> kowsik schrieb:
>> Ok,
>> I've added the query parameters to influences the final result,
>> specifically key and startkey/endkey.
>>
>> http://labs.mudynamics.com/2009/04/03/interactive-couchdb/
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
> I allready did ;-)
>
> One thing: choosing the map/reduce tab and then "sorting pictures by user" I expect to
get
> all entry's belonging to bob when I set key to bob ... But the result is empty. When
> write "bob" I get the result ... for sure because that is the correct format.
>
> I think most people will put bob and not "bob" into the field. So a hint or escaping
it
> with "" by default if the value is not =~ [0-9] would be really helpfull.
>
> Andy

semi-agreed - i always forget the quotes myself, but i think you should
just write a little help text or example text like:

	try and enter "bob" (remember the quotes)

supposing int the tutotial you wanted to display a fake REST URL
matching the query, it would look odd IMO that the quotes suddenly are
there in that displayed URL and not in the input field

./allan